Sunday, January 06, 2008

wow...where has the time gone??

Since my last posting, lots of things have changed. This past fall, I waited patiently for a new student teaching placement because I was not able to finish mine. When almost all of my patience ran out the door, I finally got a placement right before Thanksgiving. I am still scratching my head on why it took so long to find me a local high or middle school placement. I am placed at a high school that is relatively small when comparing it to other high schools in the region. This one has a good portion of students that are learning English as a 2nd language, which prove to be a challenge for me. In the past few months, I learned some things about myself that were probably never realized during my student teaching placements last year. The one that sticks out in my mind is that I am comfortable with working with small groups rather than the entire class. I am sure that with tons of practice, I will get better. But for right now, I need to get comfortable with quickly or not display my nervousness in front of the class, my supervisor or CT. Last year, no one noticed this notion with me but I wish that they did so that I could have been more successful last year.

No comments: